Sunday, April 04, 2004

mmm. . . wha? Where am I?

Whoooo . . . long three days. Since the deal on tickets was too good to pass up, Squid and I took Friday off and attended the Looterati meet in Washington, DC. Yep. We traveled halfway across the country to meet people we've met on-line through a game where we all pretend to be pirates. In our defense (?), several of the folks in attendance are long-standing friends of ours, so we knew some of what we were getting ourselves into. As it stands, all of our fellow Looterati mates are really cool people, and we had a lovely time. Thanks to the red and white stripey hat I knit for Squid--who wore it to the party, since it's a trademark of his pirate character in-game--I have an order queue of two or three more. They're fun--I don't mind at all.

However, I had agreed to host my book club at the house today, which meant that we had to be back in town for me to be ready for book club at 3:00. Which meant an 8:00 a.m. flight out of Harrisburg. We left the party in DC at 11:30 or so last night, drove 90 minutes back to our friends' place where we were staying (Hi, Cranky and Smilie!), got in at 1:00 or so, experienced the daylight saving time change, and got up at the ungodly hour of 5:30 a.m. (post-time change, so really 4:30--3:30 to our poor little Central Time selves) to get to the airport in time. Okay, so I just took a paragraph to say "short night last night".

Once home, the frenzy of cleaning and food prep ensued. I'm now all cleaned up, and nearly ready to drop. I have a big meeting to prep for in the morning, so I'm thinking of just toddling off to bed, oh, about now.

However, there's tons of fun to report in the knitting part of the blog!

Finished: The kitty egg roll. Amon-Ra, Linus, and Dynamo looooove the egg roll. I finished 90% of it on the plane ride, and decided to finish it off as a hostess gift for Cranky and Smilie's cats. They loved it so much I made them a won-ton to boot.
On the Needles: Couple more inches done on the sweater, and I'm zipping along the outside of my Coronet hat.

Obligatory Cultural References
Reading: Making some progress through The Sea, The Sea. I have no idea where Ms. Murdoch's going to go with this, but I think I'm going to enjoy the ride. Still considering the narrator a bit of a blowhard. However, this is kind of like the pot calling the kettle black.
Listening to: Just the hum of the PC's fan.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home