Sunday, April 11, 2004

Thanks, Easter Bunny! (Bawk, Bawk!)

Well, in one of my most atypical Easters in years, the in-law family dinner was followed by a trip to the funeral home for the visitation and prayer service for one of Squid's uncles. I've never felt less Catholic and more Protestant in my life. I don't know which hand to cross myself with (your right, as it turns out), and I have no idea what I need to murmur in response when the priest pauses. Everyone else does. Alas. We'll attend the funeral tomorrow morning. Squid's uncle was a fireman for many a year, and as a result, we saw no fewer than four fire companies troop through the receiving line. It was impressive. He was a small-town legend.

Finished: The Coronet cap is complete! I need to block it, which should help the brim stay "turned up" at the right place, and it's a little wee bit long for my head, but I'm quite proud of it.
On the Needles: The Skully sweater's growing, and I'm going to try my hand at a sock. This free Cottage Sock pattern from Lion Brand is done in huge gauge, so it won't take me forever, and I should be able to see what I'm doing pretty clearly before I commit myself to teeny sock yarn.

Obligatory Cultural References
Reading: Finished The Encyclopedia of Bad Taste. Full speed ahead on the Murdoch. My bet is that our protagonist is completely off his rocker by the end of the book.
Listening to: Nothing at present.

And so to bed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home