Thursday, March 31, 2005

Now leaving Scarfland, population 1.

Whew. As cute as Harry Potter-style tube scarves are, remind me never to do two full-size ones at the same time again. Ack. So glad to be finished.

Finished:
Rubby’s Sekrit Scarf: Blocked, fringed, monogrammed, and with its new owner in New York. He was thrilled with it, as, I hope, the ultimate recipient will be. I’m a sucker for young love.

Shelly’s School Spirit Scarf: Blocked, fringed, and delivered to a very happy sports-watchin’ mom.

On the Needles:
Yet another Sekrit Project: The yarn? Kelly Green Butterfly Super 10 cotton. Three point seven five out of seven squares complete, and if I hadn’t been wishing about my gauge on threes, I’d have five. I had to go up to fives to get the dang row gauge to work out.

Imprisoned in the craft nook:
Party-Time Apron: No change.
Devan: No change.
Sock: No change.
Lite Brite: No change.

In the hoop: (and gathering dust)
Merry Cox Sailor's Huswif: No change.
Joe and Sally Snow: No change.
Wedding Snowflake Hardanger: No change.
Floral afghan: No change.

Obligatory Cultural References
Reading: The Killer Angels, Michael Shaara. I had to read this book for AP History class waaaaaaay back when (1990/91), and remembered it being a good book, but not something I truly dug. Now its up for book club, and I’m reading it all over again. I’m hoping the story grabs me soon.

Listening to: First 10 random iTunes tracks:
Ride Across the River, Dire Straits
Galactic Mason, Bran Flakes
Listen to What You've Got, Idlewild
The Sorrowful Wife, Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds
Wasted Life, Stiff Little Fingers
Peaches and Cream, Beck
Triple Trouble, Beastie Boys
Slicker Drips, White Stripes
Pigs Will Fly, King Missile
Every Word, Belly

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home