Monday, November 15, 2004

Range, WI is really conducive to knitting . . .

And blogger-eaten posts. I did this all once already last night, dangit, and it vanished into the ether. Let's see if I can remember what I wanted to write.

Had lovely time at Belisle Ranch and Retreat with the stitching ladies. Ate lots. Used the hot tub. Can't wait for the January edition. Killed off a few WIPs:

Finished:
The Colinette Throw was finished the morning after my last post. Whee!

I finished the Koigu Baby Booties, and they are darling indeed. A little magenta ribbon through the eyelets makes 'em really cute. And for the record: I started these booties of my own free will. Thusnelda had absolutely nothing to do with it. She is blameless.

I finished the Drawn Thread Birth Band sampler--a good pressing, and it's ready for framing. It's so delicate and pretty.

And, because I'm easily distracted, I started and finished a scarf for Candy. During the pilgrimage to Wind in the Willows for a little shopping break, she noticed a scarf shop model that caught her eye. I realized it was criminally easy and offered to knit it for her. Two balls of microfiber eyelash (Plymouth Firenze, yellow-pink-purple pastel) and one skein of Plymouth Galway wool (sunshine yellow) later, it was a cute scarf. US 13 needles, co 15 sts, k every row w/yarns held tog until you run out of yarn. Though I left enough for fringe. Very soft and cuddly. One evening, one afternoon, one finished project.

On the Needles:
Skully: Halfway through the chart for the 2nd sleeve! The end is in sight. Maybe not this week, as there's another trip to Madison coming up--and it's no longer a really portable project.

Party-Time Apron: No change.

Devan: First sleeve roughly 2" long. Increasing like crazy. Dangit. Decreasing is much more fun, 'cos the rows go faster and faster instead of slower and slower.

Sock: No change.

Rockabilly scarf: One skein down, one more to go. Though I likely won't use the whole thing--it would be reeeeely long if I did.

In the Hoop:
Merry Cox Sailor's Huswif: No change. After finishing the Birth Band, I couldn't bring myself to do eleventy billion queen stitches.

Obligatory Cultural References
Reading: The Salmon of Doubt: Hitchhiking the Galaxy One Last Time, Douglas Adams. Stupid early death. Stupid stupid.
Listening to: Liz Phair (Cue Wesley Willis voice. Liiiiiz Pha-aaaair! Liiiiz Pha-aaair!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home