Monday, July 05, 2004

Where does the time go?

Yipes. Has it really been nearly two weeks since last update? I've been simultaneously very busy and not very busy at all. When last I wrote, I was bound for the Magnetic Fields, and that was a wonderful time.

Work has been work--lots of turnover, which means fewer people but the same number of projects. I'm so snowed under at this point that it doesn't matter--40 projects or 60, I can still only do 5 or 6 at a time.

Super-short week this week, thanks to today being a holiday, and I'm bound for San Francisco on Friday. There's a big old Pirate Party there, and I need to get my costume's skirt hemmed, so I'm going to keep this short.

In knitting news . . .

Finished: The piratey baby hat is all finished as of this afternoon. It's adorable. The acrylic yarn looks a little bit cheap, but it's non-allergenic, which is the important bit. It's also a little bit big for a newborn, but being an August baby, he/she likely won't wear it right away anyhow.
On the Needles:
Skully: The back is cast-on, and the bottom "hem" area of garter stitch is just about done. This will make a most excellent plane project for this weekend.
Fiona: So close it's almost criminal. The pocket is knit-up and sewn on (couldn't quite figure out how to attach it as I went by picking up stitches--next time, next time)and the flap is complete. Now it's just applied i-cord city.
Colinette Throw: Has stayed in its lovely hand-knit bag quite nicely, thank you.
Party-Time Apron: Knit one more row of seed stitch to straighten out my stitches that got all wonky from the tear-out experiment. This one's going to require some concentration, at least for a while.

Obligatory Cultural References
Reading: Still Quicksilver. Though it's a bit heavy to take on the plane. I'll take Astonishing Splashes of Colour (the next Book Club book) to CA if it arrives on time, otherwise, I think I might take The Little Friend on the plane.
Listening to: Nothing at present. Except for the bratty kids next door who have firecrackers left over from yesterday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home