Saturday, April 23, 2005

Finishing things . . .

feels really good. Today's "finished" list includes a novel and a sweater, and I'm pleased as punch. My Denise needle case is actually full right now--no tips or cords are tied up in a WIP, which is kind of weird. And, if I know myself, is likely to be temporary.

Finished: I am wearing my Lite Brite sweater right this very minute. I'm thrilled with it, actually--the seaming was easy. It went together pretty quickly and easily, and looks just like I want it to.

On the Needles:
Devan: The back continues at a snail's pace. It's about an inch and a half long at this point--I'm waiting for a nice long car ride to really put some length on it.

Sock: I've put a few rows on it while watching TV this week, but it's been a busy week, and bad for knitting. Besides--I finished Lite Brite! Woo!

Ripped back to its component yarn for a time-out:
Party-Time Apron: I took a look at it this week, intending to work on it a bit, and realized a couple of things:
  • I really didn't like how the gauge was turning out on size 9s--just a little bit too loose.
  • I had hopelessly screwed up the slip-stitch diamond pattern, and wasn't sure how to rescue it.

So I frogged it. There's something really satisfying about putting one end of your knitting on a ball winder, and just unravelling away.

Coming to my needles, just as soon as I get this posted:
Tank Girl Tank: From Stitch 'n Bitch, I found the Goa yarn in Madison in November, and I've been itching to get it going. This should come together pretty quickly. No sleeves, after all.

In the hoop: (with the dust blown off)
Merry Cox Sailor's Huswif: No change.
Joe and Sally Snow: No change.
Wedding Snowflake Hardanger: No change.
Floral afghan: No change.

Obligatory Cultural References
Reading: Finished The Killer Angels this morning, just in time for book club, which is tomorrow. I don't know what I'll read next. I'll figure it out before I go to bed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home