Sunday, March 19, 2006

Viva Las Vegas

Because, even though I was in Las Vegas, of all places, I managed to get some decent knitting done, and buy a souvenir skein of sock yarn. I may make progress against this year's list yet!

Finished:

Checkerboard Scarf: Finished in Las Vegas on Monday, blocked at home on Wednesday, worn to work by Squid on Friday. I was afraid it would be a little too short, but it blocked out very nicely indeed, and he's not a big fan of Dr. Who-length scarves anyway.

Dragon-Scale Socks: Finished them this weekend, after putting some major length on them during my plane flight back from Nevada. I'll have to take a photo of them on my feet--I love how they turned out.

Requiring Finishing:

Baby Kimono: No change. Just haven't felt that seaming feeling.

Silk Garden Cardigan: Crochet successfully completed once I remembered the difference between a single crochet and a slip stitch. All it needs is buttons, but I'm strangely unable to find any I really like. Current front-runners are some plain matte brass ones at Borealis.

On the Needles:
Party-Time Apron: Up to about 60 rows complete on the main body, thanks to an all-Loot viewing of Wallace and Gromit and the Curse of the Were-Rabbit.

The Ferret Sock: No change.

Squid's Boundary Waters Sweater: I finally put together a plan for a sweater that Squid likes! With any luck, I'll have it ready for him to take to the Boundary Waters with him at the end of May--it's a basic drop-shoulder model, but I'm doing it in a 6x2 rib for a little variety, and making a high neck on it to keep out the drafts. We picked the lovely, soft, bulky but not-too-thick Plymouth Eco-Wool in a nifty chocolate brown color, with a nice green stripe. It's currently about 1.5 inches of one sleeve, so don't get too excited just yet.

Charity Mittens: I have a lovely charcoal skein of Manos del Uruguay that I'd bought for the original fluffy cuff mittens--before I found the awesome acid green llama that I ultimately made them out of. I decided to turn them into a pair of mittens for charity--all wool, for Afghans for Afghans.

The next pair of socks: I've been sitting on a skein of Trekking XXL color 100, for a while--but I wanted to finish my current socks before starting another pair. Hah! The time has come today. However, I was having a terrible time figuring out what size to cast on, so I had to actually swatch. (Gasp!) Looks like Wendy's standard toe-up pattern will be my choice at present, though I reserve the right to change my mind.

In the hoop:

Lauren Sauer Prework: Continuing my alarming trend of stitching nautical-themed stuff, I'm taking the "Mermaid's Menagerie II" and "Mermaid's Treasure Chest" classes from my Guild in April. I need to complete the "Sea Squirt Pincushion" and chest lid stitching prior to class--I'm about 60% done with the pincushion.

C.A. Wells Needle Cottage: No change.

Edward Scissorfish: No change.

Obligatory Cultural References
Reading: Even Cowgirls Get the Blues
Listening to: My usual polyglot, with an extra helping of Tom Jones and William Shatner.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home