Friday, September 02, 2005

Ugh. I just thought of a bad Van Hagar song.

Somebody help me get these WIPs under control!
I can’t seem to stop starting. Yikes.

Devan: It hit the post this week. It is sooooo cute!

Two more dishcloths: In the classic garter stitch/yarnover diagonal pattern. I can crank one out per car ride to the lake.

Requiring Finishing:
Baby Kimono: I made one of the ties a few inches longer, but not much change.

On the Needles:
Second Sock: Cruising down the foot.

Party-Time Apron: No change.

Trellis: Back, left, and right front done, first sleeve cast on. I’m starting to wish that this sweater was my size. Darn, it’s cute.

Another pair of socks: Yep, I’m weak. I just HAD to try a toe-up version while my other sock was in a holding pattern. Anyway, I’m knitting the cuff of sock #1 after marking the insertion for the afterthought heel. These are in a super-cool rainbow Opal self striping jacquard.

Gnat Mittens: My niece thought my fluffy cuff mitts were so cool, she wanted a pair for herself. I re-tooled the pattern to fit an 8-year-old, and have completed the “wool” part of mitten #1. Before I put the fluff on (which is a PITA), I’m making her try it on to see if it fits. They're done in a very cool blue-purple-green variegated Emu Superwash sportweight.

Chunky Charity Slipper Sox: Stash eradication charity project #3: Some nice slipper socks out of the (last?) of my Wool-Ease Thick and Quick. One sock finished.

Burly Spun Handpaint Scarf: So, I bought some of Thusnelda’s extra stash—and included was some pretty, pretty handpainted Brown Sheep Burly Spun (Blue! Magenta! Black! Purple! Aqua! So cool!). I’ve started a lace rib scarf in it, and I think it’s really pretty—but, like Thus herself, I’m just not sure if this is “the” pattern for this yarn. I may change my mind and rip it out.

In the hoop:
Merry Cox Sailor's Huswif: No change.
Joe and Sally Snow: No change.
Wedding Snowflake Hardanger: Finished all the inside eyelets and kloster blocks. Had to rip out 99% of the inside border that I thought was OK due to an extremely early miscalculation/extra thread or two. Much wailing and gnashing of teeth ensued, but it was for the best. I have recalculated the corners to work with whatever errors may have ensued on the inside, and it should be smooth sailing from here. The border is now about a third complete. I need to:
*Finish the border
*Cut and wrap the Hardanger bars.
*Figure out how to handle the hem
*Figure out if I’d like to back the eyelet clusters with some sort of interfacing to stabilize them and further secure their ends.
Floral afghan: No change.

Obligatory Cultural References

Reading: I’m reading Two Years Before The Mast, by Richard Henry Dana, but put it aside briefly for Jasper Fforde’s The Eyre Affair, which was a more appealing vacation read.

Listening to: Squid mow the lawn.


Post a Comment

<< Home