Monday, April 19, 2004

noo ne noo ne noo. . . .

. . . um, that was the little song that the animated typewriter from Sesame Street sings as he rolls around. If you're between 25 and 40, you know who I mean. Both Squid and I find ourselves defaulting to that little tune if we need to hum tunelessly.

I looked back over my archives today, and I realized a few things:
1. I need to start posting actual content at some point, here.
2. I need to fix my template so it's more to my liking. I love the nasty green/orange color scheme, it's just that these fonts are in "for the blind" sizes. I just need to motivate myself enough to go tweak the template.

This weekend was eventful, knitting-wise:
Finished: Just in time for warm weather, I now have a pair of knee-high Wool-Ease Cottage Socks. They're really neat, and will be cozy as all get-out when the weather turns cold again. However, for the time being, they go in the finished project bin with my mittens. My experiment to determine whether sock knitting is for me pays off!

On the Needles: I finished off my first skein of Lamb's Pride Bulky on the Skully sweater and joined in the second. Still a ways to go before I have to start paying attention to the pattern again, though. I started a pair of sock-yarn socks, but I'm finding it a little bit of rough going--managing four thin dpns at the beginning of a project is such a pain. The yarn is a really cool orange-green-pink print--like rainbow sherbet.

AND, because I am a project starting fool these days, I cast on the next red and white stripey sleeping cap. Ghoti or Iole, I think it's for you. . . .

I really want to get a felted bag on the needles: Round About is adorable, and done in Kureyon will be stripey indeed, but starting the stitches with a circular cast-on is proving difficult. With only 8 stitches on 4 dpns, I can't figure out where to start and which order to knit my stitches in. Much less work increases after only one round. Grrr. . . . I thought knitting was supposed to be relaxing.

Obligatory Cultural References
Reading: Sing it with me now, you know the words: The Sea, The Sea.
Listening to: Mclusky--do dallas. Such naughty words. Naughty.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home